I LOVE TO LAUGH!
I love to laugh. When I decide to watch a movie on Netflix or Hulu, I pick either a psychological thriller or a comedy. I like movies with twists and turns, which often have a surprise ending. Sometimes I want to laugh, so I look for a funny show. I am picky about what kinds of comedies I watch. I enjoy some old movies with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis and Cary Grant and Doris Day. I also like modern comedies like Knives Out and other odd movies.
Have you had one of those days when everything you touch goes wrong? Somebody at work started a rumor about you; the boss gives you a project that needs to be completed before 5 pm. You get to your car, and you have a flat tire. AAA will not be there for another 45 minutes! (AAA is excellent and has saved me many times, but they are busy.) On your drive home, your mind is spinning, jumping from, I need to fix dinner; the kids have activities tonight, and Johnny needs help with his homework. Finally, you have a chance to sit down, and you need relief from your stress. What do you watch on TV? I am embarrassed to admit that I put on dumb shows where I don’t have to think, such as Big Bang Theory or Everyone Loves Raymond,
All that to say, I find time to laugh!!! Why should we laugh?
Laughter is one of the best ways to live in the present moment; when we laugh fully, we are wholly engaged in the here and now, completely involved with the people around us. Laughter helps us enjoy life precisely as it comes and goes – moment by moment.
According to Mind Fuel Daily, there are 8 Reasons to Laugh
1. Laughter puts life in perspective. Not everything has to be serious all the time. A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are for what you have – Unknown
2. Laughter can change your worldview. Look at the same situation with a smile and watch your feelings and thoughts change. Use your smile to change the world; don’t let the world change your smile – Unknown
3. Laughter helps us stay balanced. Staying light and loose is essential in life. A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life – William Arthur Ward
4. Laughter brings us together. Our smiles light the way for one another. Laughter is the shortest distance between two people – Victor Borge
5. Laughter slows things down. When we laugh, we remember – life is playful. If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy – Proverb
6. Laughter brings out the best in others. Even a smile can help another person. Most smiles are started by another smile – Unknown
7. Laughter is a sign of good things to come. Contentment breeds excellence. There is little success where there is little laughter – Andrew Carnegie
8. Laughter heals. Good rest and good cheer are all we really need. Relax and smile. A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book – Irish Proverb
Are you wondering how to find laughter? The following are five ways to experience more joy and laughter every day.
1. Enjoy laughter whenever it arises with family, friends, or colleagues. Laughter is contagious, and you are far more likely to laugh with others than when you are alone.
2. Appreciate the sound of laughter around you. But, to do so, you may first need to surrender to it.
3. Choose a joyful approach to mundane chores. Mary Poppins once said, ”For every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and snap! The job’s a game.”
4. Set goals and celebrate success.
5. Be present in the moment and do more things that bring you joy daily, with gratitude.
As you can see, laughter is good. I am on several group texts. In one of my texts, the girls started telling jokes/riddles that made me laugh. It is a great way to start my day and reminds me to smile at others and enjoy life.
Today, find something that makes you laugh and brings joy to your day