“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
I have learned that with growth comes change. I have not dealt well with change in the past; today, I am embracing it. Recently, I decided to start a new adventure and make a significant life change. After much prayer and making a Pro’s and Con’s list, I have decided to close my grant writing business. Now what?
The above quote has been vital in navigating this change.
· I dreamed about what I wanted my ideal job to encompass.
Have the freedom to remain active in the community.
Support an organization that I believe in.
Enjoy what I do
Have growth opportunities
· Looked at my strengths and weaknesses
Evaluated how my strengths could be used to my advantage and a potential employer.
I looked at my weakness and decided what aspect I needed to work on to succeed.
3. Researched avenues of self-improvement
· Finally looked at my passions.
Will I find success in my passion?
Is there an organization I am passionate about that needs help with community engagement and fundraising?
I am excited about my new adventure. Is the change easy? No, it is not!
Is there something you want to change? Are you scared to take the chance on something new? Do you want to experience happiness? You can do it!! What is stopping you?
5 Reasons People Resist Change
1. People fear being different--especially when there's no precedent.
People feel overwhelmed or stressed.
People fear a departure from the status quo.
People lack trust in the one making changes.
People know change brings a new set of possibilities and problems.
Helpful Steps to Make a Change
1. Decide to Change Your Life.
2. Learn to Embrace Discomfort.
3. Identify Why You Want to Change Your Life.
4. Define the Changes You Want to Make.
5. Identify Things That May Hold You Back.
6. Choose Your "One Thing.”
7. Set a SMART Goal (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound)
8. Prepare for the Storms.
I encourage you to evaluate your life, where you want to see your life in the next five years, and what you can do to be happier.
I believe in you – Go for it!!