“Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.” - Unknown
Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have a great week and enjoy Thanksgiving Day.
Families can be interesting at the Thanksgiving table. The above quote is a great reminder that family members go in different directions, have other goals, and bring different perspectives. That is what makes family get-togethers interesting.
I come from a small family, and we were quiet and polite. There rarely were any issues at our holiday table. So, I was astonished when I went to someone else’s house for Thanksgiving. They were loud and argued at the table. At first, I was astonished, and then I enjoyed myself. The family seemed to be having fun in the midst of disagreement and politics.
What do you do with the family to keep them entertained? The following are some ideas:
· Play a gratitude game.
· Participate in a Turkey Trot.
· Host a mini pumpkin hunt.
· Volunteer at a soup kitchen or a food pantry.
· Play Thanksgiving Bingo.
· Write Thank you cards.
· Color Thanksgiving coloring pages.
· Break a wishbone.
· Craft a family tree.
· Play Thanksgiving trivia.
· Settle in for a movie marathon.
· Bake a Thanksgiving dessert.
· Make a plan for Black Friday shopping.
· Go outside for a game of touch football.
· Play harvest bowling.
· Break out the family photo albums.
· Play Candy Corn Ring Toss.
· Do a dirty turkey gift exchange.
· Play Thanksgiving Cornhole.
· Take a post-dinner walk or hike.