“Happy Day After Christmas, Merry Rest of the Year, even when Christmas is over, The Light of the World is Still Here!” – Matthew West
I hope you enjoyed Christmas.
I am writing this on Christmas Eve day. I am spending Christmas weekend with a friend I have known for over 45 years. Yesterday we went to lunch with her sister and brother-in-law and visited a couple of wineries in Lodi, CA. It was a relaxing and enjoyable day. Today has been great because we have been relaxing and enjoying the day. We will go to the Christmas Eve service this afternoon and have a nice dinner. Then, we will attend church on Christmas day and relax again.
This blog is being posted on the day after Christmas. Hopefully, this will be a day you can recoup from the crazy season. ENJOY yourself.
What fun things can you do the day after Christmas:
· Sleep in.
· Spend some alone time.
· Clean up clutter.
· Spend some quality time with your gifts.
· Plan a shopping trip.
· Eat Leftovers.
· Scroll through social media
· Get New Year’s plans together
· Begin a 364-day wait till next Christmas.
How will you spend the week between Christmas and New Year’s? Do you know there is an official name for that week? Twixmas is the term used to describe the days between Christmas and New Year (27th-30th December), when work and family commitments may lessen, and you can take some much-needed downtime. So, you have a week before the new year to relax and pamper yourself.
10 Ways to Prepare for the New Year
1. Start Early. Ok, so Step Number 1 in any successful plan is to start early!
2. Reflect on the Past Year.
3. Create a Gratitude List.
4. Declutter, Declutter, Declutter.
5. List New Goals.
6. Make a Schedule.
7. Create a Budget.
8. Draw Up a Savings Plan.
9. Create a Reading List.
10. Draft a Dream List.
The greatest thing to remember is that Christ’s light can shine through all year!!
10 ways to let your light shine throughout 2023.
1. Have faith in God, believe in Christ (John 3:16), and accept the Holy Spirit of God to guide your journey of salvation (Romans 8:6).
2. Be responsible for raising a Family and generation that fears God and adores Him (Joshua 24:15).
3. Be concerned about making Disciples of all nations #Spread the good news (Mathew 28:18-20, Romans 1:16).
4. Disciple/Mentor new converts to grow perfect in Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:28).
5. Make every effort to Worship God, Praise Him and Read His Word daily (1 Chronicles 16:23-31).
6. Reach out to the Needy. You can give, help, support, educate, sponsor, empower, clothe, feed, and shelter them (Matthew 25:35-36).
7. Be a Good steward of every possession that God has entrusted you with. Invest in Establishing the Kingdom of God (Matthew 25:14-30).
8. Establish yourself with God's Wisdom (Proverbs 1:7) because a lack of knowledge leads to destruction (Hosea 4:6).
9. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them (Ephesians 5:11), Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. (1 Peter 3:9).
10. Establish the Kingdom of God with your talents (Matthew 25:14–30), abilities, or position. Consider using these 7 Hills to preach the gospel (1. Power, 2. Business, 3. Religion, 4. Education, 5. Science/Technology, 6. Media/Entertainment, and 7. Fashion/Trend).
Enjoy the last week of 2022!