“We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” – Bill Watterson
What are you looking towards? Have you set goals? Do you have a 5–10–20- year plan? Planning is important. However, there is more to life than looking toward the future.
Are you enjoying life right now? No one enjoys everything in life. There are always disappointments. However, no matter your circumstances, if you look hard enough, you can find something to enjoy.
When you are looking for joy – look at some of these areas:
· Family – Family, is not perfect. However, there is much joy in relationships. My parents have passed, and my brother lives across the country. I enjoy the “family zoom” we have once a week. Those involved in the zoom call are me, my brother, my cousins, and my aunt. It is fun to find out what each other is doing, and it is touching when we share memories of growing up.
· Nature – God’s creation is beautiful. Sitting and enjoying the things God created is calming and uplifting. I was fortunate to have a dad who was a seasonal ranger in Yosemite. As a result, I learned to enjoy the scenery and respect nature. (This weekend, I am going to the ocean and cannot wait to see the glory of that massive body of water.) However, now I am more of a city person. (I like shopping, restaurants, and going to the movies).
· Activities – What do you do with your time? Work and structure are important, but you must find things you enjoy—sports, dance, reading, and much more. I enjoy writing, reading, and shopping, to name a few.
· Involvement in community projects. I am involved in Rotary, Fresno County Women’s Chamber of Commerce, Fresno Chamber of Commerce, and a volunteer job. All those organizations have volunteer opportunities. I am also involved in my church and enjoy serving within that community.
Tips to Help You Live Life to the Fullest
1. Try new things.
2. Spend less time on your phone.
3. Explore what gives your life meaning.
4. Use wallpaper on your phone or computer to remind you to live life to the fullest.
5. Keep your stress levels down.
6. Live life with no regrets.
7. Try daily affirmations.
8. Do loving-kindness meditation.
I encourage you to take time to enjoy life!!!