ARE YOU WEARY?
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)
Overall, life is good. I enjoy many things I am involved in and live my best life possible. However, today, I am weary.
A definition of weary is a temporary feeling of low energy and tiredness - exhausted in strength, endurance, vigor, or freshness.
I have blogged before about being overwhelmed. I have not yet learned how to slow down. I have become weary in the past couple of weeks. My body has slowed; I walk slowly, my muscles ache, and I am over-emotional and easily agitated.
The symptoms feel like depression, but it is not! It is more of a physical thing. However, I feel like swimming in a more profound brain fog. I have struggled with some brain fog since COVID.
Some symptoms of being weary/fatigued are:
· Chronic tiredness or sleepiness.
· Sore or aching muscles.
· Muscle weakness.
· Slowed reflexes and responses.
· Impaired decision-making and judgment.
· Moodiness, such as irritability.
I identify with many of those symptoms. If you noticed, I did not get a blog out on Friday. I did not have the energy to write one.
How does a person deal with weariness/fatigue?
· Listen to your body.
· Limit medicines that might contribute to fatigue.
· Improve your diet.
· Reduce your use of alcohol or other drugs, such as caffeine or nicotine, which may contribute to fatigue.
· Cut back on watching television.
· Get a good night's sleep.
Biblically how does a person deal with weariness?
· Come to Jesus for rest.
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew11:28-30
· Confess your weariness to the Lord.
I am weary with my moaning; every night, I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with my weeping. Psalm 6:6
· Ask Jesus to restore and revive you.
The LORD is my shepherd … He restores my soul. Psalm 23:1,3
· Remind yourself that Jesus won’t forget your labors for him.
For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do. Hebrews 6:10
· Ask Jesus for joy.
Until now, you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive that your joy may be full. John 16:24
· Ask Jesus for strength.
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint and increases strength to him who has no might. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; Isaiah 40:28-30
· Ask Jesus for his own affection for people.
For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus Philippians 1:8
· Remind yourself that your work for the Lord is not in vain.
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord, your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
· Remind yourself that someday you’ll reap the rewards.
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season; we will reap if we do not give up. Galatians 6.9
· Remind yourself of God’s future commendation.
His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ Matthew 25:23
My busiest week is the first week of the month, and I must choose what to do. The following are six steps you can take to organize your weekly schedule.
· Review long-term plans.
· Plan your week on Sunday.
· Set your weekly priorities.
· Plan your week in a schedule.
· Build your weekly routine.
· Review your weekly projects.
This blog is full of information; take one helpful thing and try it out. Then, get some rest and find some positive things to do this week.
This week I am planning to work on taking some time for me!
What are you going to do?